Pulte and Meritage to Build Homes in Canyon Falls Master-Planned Community
Friday, May 9, 2014
Pulte Homes and Meritage Homes have announced they will build single-family homes from the $200s to the $400s in the western section of Canyon Falls, a 1,200-acre master-planned community under development in Denton County by Wheelock Communities. Canyon Falls is located between U.S. Highway 377 and I-35W, north of FM 1171, and spans two school districts—Argyle and Northwest.
Pulte will build homes ranging from 1,600 to 3,200 square feet in Parkdale Village and homes from 2,000 to 3,600 square feet in Westborough Village. Meritage will offer homes from 2,000 to 3,600 square feet in Meridian Village and homes from 2,800 to 5,000 square feet in Uplands Village. Model homes by both builders are expected to be ready by late spring 2015. All four neighborhoods are located within the Northwest Independent School District that includes Byron Nelson High School.
Pulte and Meritage join seven other home builders in Canyon Falls. Offering homes from the $300s to more than $600,000, the builders are:
- Ashton Woods Homes – 1,600 to 3,200 square feet in Bluestem Village
- K Hovnanian Homes – 1,600 to 3,200 square feet in Bluestem Village
- Coventry Homes – 2,400 to 3,600 feet in Timberland Village
- Highland Homes – 2,400 to 3,600 feet in Timberland Village
- Toll Brothers – 3,000 to 5,000 square feet in Knollwood Village
- Drees Custom Homes – 3,000 to 5,000 square feet in Wildwood Village
- Ryland Homes – 3,200 to 4,600 square feet in Huntleigh Village
“We are proud to add Pulte and Meritage to our list of highly respected builders that all share our vision for creating a community offering a great quality-of-life experience, which is what today’s buyers want,” said Bret Pedigo of Manna Land, Wheelock’s local development partner. “In developing Canyon Falls, we truly listened to and took to heart what home buyers are looking for in a community.”
The Canyon Falls master plan includes a community clubhouse, resort-style pool, sports fields, and playgrounds. Home sites will maximize the views and hill country-like topography of the community, including more than 300 acres of natural open space, scenic bluffs and miles of trails along Graham Branch Creek and through the neighborhood villages. Canyon Falls is ideally located in the Dallas-Fort Worth metro area near rapidly growing North Texas employment centers and employers such as Alliance Airport, Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Texas Motor Speedway.
- Top Realtor Bill Nelson likes price variety, natural beauty of Canyon Falls
- New Argyle Middle School opening in Canyon Falls in August
- Canyon Falls Club planned to open for Fall Festivities
- Real Estate Professional
- Bill Nelson
- Model Homes
- Canyon Falls Welcome Center
- Events and Activities